Couponing is very time consuming. If you are dedicated to saving money this will not be a 5 minute project. It goes much deeper than that. You have to change the way you shop, the stuff you buy, and your discipline. I spend over 8 hours a day on couponing, just by visiting web sites, emailing the companies I buy products from, printing coupons, filing coupons, working on scenarios to help save me money, checking and rechecking store ads, swapping coupons, and visiting stores everyday.
In the short time that I have been couponing I have made many mistakes. So here are a list of basic rules that will come in handy.
Figure out what filing system works for your brain. I went out and spent a lot of money on a binder with baseball card inserts and come to find out my brain does not work that way. There are many ways to file your coupons so you have to figure out what is best for you and you only.
Learn the coupon policies for the stores you shop at. You should always keep a copy of the coupon policy with you at all times. Cashiers usually don't know the policy and you will have a great way to state your argument when you have solid evidence available at all times.
Make sure you read your coupons. It is better to know the requirements of the coupon before you get to the check out.
No comments:
Post a Comment